Friday, June 17, 2011

Go ahead, make my day.


Sadly, not on duty eradicating reptilian miscreants overrunning my garden.
Clearly he's wearing cowboy boots.

Many thanks to all my readers, friends, neighbors and family for the advice and consolation regarding my snake problem.

There's been a development. Please sit down.

Mary, my gardening guru, saved Clint's life. Yes, I named the snake Clint.

I hear the screaming! Breathe. Read on.

"Linda, that's an Eastern milk snake. ...he is not poisonous.  He's really quite beautiful.  Given the explosion in the chipmunk population, he must be quite happy in your garden.  xo Mary"
Mary is right! The munk population has reached the tipping point.


Pumpkin always gives chase, but she is not fast enough to catch these cheeky critters.
Yesterday while sitting on the front steps, a plump one fearlessly ambled right under my friend's foot! Pumpkin of course was far off. Chipmunks with little fear of humans is trouble. Smart ones that know the dog is out of range and with little fear of humans is major trouble. Their fate is sealed.

The snake lives.

Clint stays until the marauders are under control.

Respect and a wide berth have replaced all thoughts and plans re Clint's demise at my doing.
 I'm certain he's out there right now, cornering Chip and Dale in the drain pipe, and asking "do you feel lucky?"


I am, however, on the look-out for a reasonably priced pair of cowboy boots.

Thanks for reading,
Linda Pakravan

if you'd love to have a home you love coming home to, one with snakes only in the garden, thank you, contact me!

4 comments:

  1. ok then, but be prepared for near myocardial infarction the next time Clint surprises you...not that he's going to snap at your ankles, but yes you need those boots if for nothing more than peace of mind. Plus they're cool. You could get some SNAKESKIN ones... just kidding. Snakeskin ones are too fancy for gardening, those are for fancier occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why he's called a 'milk' snake ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cubs, I don't know. Maybe because he's got a white background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from a schematic life. What a funn read! Poor Clint, really, just trying to put in a days work!

    Having said that, I admire your bravery. I would be terrified, and would have to hire some animal rescuer to save hime from the shovel I might have to use on him if he came too close!
    Best, Vie

    ReplyDelete

Please do. I love to know what you think!