5.24.2011

PDA's


source (anyone other than me know who these two are?)
No, not this kind.

Nearly everyone has gotten past the "no family photos in public rooms!" (at least I think so), and I encourage my clients to display their photos.

My client's 2nd floor landing. We chose this wall to display 3 generations of weddings, another wall displays First Communion photos. Photo by Linda Pakravan.

For me, a photo of people is a portrait, a moment in time, a memory made physical.

It sounds goofy, but I consider my photos some of my most precious possessions, my "public displays of affection".


60 years of family weddings, and I still have more to frame.

I do like a little order, or a theme. The pic above is just 2 shelves in a very tall bookcase in our family room. Wedding shots and above it are pics of our daughter prior to high school, other shelves hold other eras. It's a work in progress and I'm always on the look-out for nice, inexpensive frames.



India Hicks via Traditional Home

What's your policy? Family photos on display or not? Have a theme? Random? I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading,
Linda Pakravan

if you'd love to have a home you love coming home to, or if you'd like help displaying your photos, contact me!



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous26.5.11

    Who are those two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. steve mcqueen and faye dunaway in...thomas crown affair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. design elements you are so right! I love that movie, both versions.

    ReplyDelete

Please do. I love to know what you think!