Monday, October 03, 2016

Autumn's Welcome

The best thing I can say about Autumn is the weather is occasionally heavenly. 

On a more positive outlook, October is month-long Fashion Week for The Home. Not a day goes by without a new product launch. 


Nice pendant. Via The Federalist.



ScalamandrĂ© released some winners.


Scalamandré's New Bergamo Embroidery and Kelmscott print.

Thibaut's new Greenwood Collection includes this dramatic wallpaper, Venus, for sprucing up the foyer. Would look great in a powder room too.

New Venus Wallpaper from Thibaut.


The eye candy certainly sparks the creative urge, but it is the furnace kicking in that turns on the nesting instinct. 

We want to decorate our homes.



Fabric and trim for a client presentation.

Do climate and season really influence how we decorate? Yes, and yes.

With some caveats.

Decorating is personal. For me in my New England climate, Scalamandré's new fabrics





work the entire year without making me SADer during the depths of Winter.

But no amount of Prozac could make me happy in this room surrounded by these colors. As nicely done as it is.


Jessica Chastain's Master BEDROOM including Bathtub.


Not everyone has my problem with Fall or a case of SAD. Lovers of pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice shampoo, and pumpkin spice dog treats and all that the heady aroma of pumpkin spice conjures might love Jessica Chastain's Master Bedroom. It's a great room, the colors are balanced.

And if colors like Jessica's speak to you, then go for it.

That's not to say I eschew Fallishness altogether. I found these paper placemats at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum's Gift Shop. Sometimes I like the gift shops better than what we're there to see. 


Michel Designs paper placemats. Their website lists The Paper Store as one online retailer.

And I hung my completely fake but totally colorful Fall wreath on my newly painted front door.





And I'm thinking this Fall I should tackle my daughter's 25-year-old bedroom.
  
The Shrine
The Time Capsule
The Pink Room



Pumpkin, the real dog, on the bed. Toy dog on the floor.

I'm emotional about it. The dog and I check on it, at least once a week. Always brings back great memories.

Hope your Autumn is off to a great start! How do you decorate for Fall?

And remember, not too many weeks left before the holidays. If your nesting instinct is in high gear, call your designer today!

Thanks for reading,
Linda Pakravan

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours in the Kelmscott print - that is the name of the house that William Morris lived at in the Cotswolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those swatches look so much like my mother's sort of choices. Makes me nostalgic. Ah, Fall. And I kind of want that pendant light;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that pendant light. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh... I have tears in my eyes from your words about your daughter's bedroom. It's adorable by the way. I never had to deal with converting my girls' rooms because we moved so much. Looks like Pumpkin has her eye on the room!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters and Mom love The Pink Room. I'm sure I'll have a tinge of guilt when I redo it. Thanks for dropping in! Have a great week too.

      Delete

Please do. I love to know what you think!