Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar's Lessons

The real Oscar show takes place out on the red carpet. I was happy to see many beautiful women of all ages.

and the Puppy Purse is adorable too.

Adele.  I love her.


Plus I learned a few things.

One. Half of Hollywood's hair dressers are unemployed.



from top l-r: Naomi Watts, Amanda Seyfried, Sally Field, Helena Bonham Carter, Jennifer Aniston, Amy Adams




Two.  However lovely the gown, it does not need to match your boyfriend's beard. 

Three. Your beard does not need to match your girlfriend's dress.


George Clooney and Stacy Keibler

Four. Good posture is always important. Especially when channeling Dallas....

Halle Berry and Jane Fonda


and Naomi Campbell.


Jennifer Hudson


Five. I won't be taking a job as a fashion critic. I was in the minority who liked Nicole Kidman's and Kelly Ripa's gowns.


husbands could shave too. Maybe he's growing it out for the summer.


Nicole Kidman. this dress reminds me of a Gustav Klimt painting.


Kelly Ripa. Delightful. (also see Six below).


Six. Clearly I must be reincarnated from an age past when real men knew how to shave and button their jackets, and women in ball gowns had tidy hair and never stood with their hands in pockets. Not that I was either of them. Most likely I was a scullery maid, sooty from head to toe from sweeping fireplaces. On further thought here, I think I'm glad this season of Downton Abbey is finished.


Chris Pine in dire need of a shave.

Did you watch the Oscars? Who caught your eye strolling the red carpet?

Thanks for reading,
Linda Pakravan

and if your home is too matchy-matchy and needs the unexpected, email me.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha Linda, this gave me a chuckle. Couldn't agree more about men and scruffy 5 o'clock shadow. And as much as I love Keith Urban I can't bear the stubble, the long hair and the fact that he looks like he would take longer than Nicole to get his hair done! I did think Naomi Watts looked magnificent, she was the stand out for me. Just wish Jennifer Aniston would realise that long, beach babe hair is not suitable for every occasion and every outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please do. I love to know what you think!